This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Fix typo in N64 PLT stub
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>, gingold at adacore dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:57:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Fix typo in N64 PLT stub
- References: <C6BB6EDD-B74B-4403-BBA2-7098AAB7CFCC@codesourcery.com>
Maxim Kuvyrkov <email@example.com> writes:
> The following patch fixes a typo in N64 PLT stub. The register move
> that saves return address for dynamic resolver to return to currently
> uses a 32-bit instruction, which truncates upper bits of the return
> Now, I imagine you would ask why is there a 64-bit address in the PLT
> resolver that only works with 32-bit symbols (aka -msym32).
Nah :-) The PLT's obviously wrong. Probably a pasto from the n32 version.
Patch is OK, thanks. Branch too please, although Tristan plans to
release 2.22 this coming week.