This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [MIPS] Add saa and saad instructions for octeon
- From: David Daney <ddaney at caviumnetworks dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <andrew dot pinski at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, overseers at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:20:31 -0800
- Subject: Re: [MIPS] Add saa and saad instructions for octeon
- References: <CA+=Sn1kS8sXEruNH8vg1N538R1Q6OpgZRwAZKBkZym6y-OWpyg@mail.gmail.com>
On 11/10/2011 09:26 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
This patch adds the saa and saad instructions for Octeon. They are
not part of the original Octeon but are part of the Octeon+. We at
Cavium don't feel the need to add a new arch for it since this is the
only difference instruction wise and the original Octeon is no longer
OK? Tested with a cross binutils to mips64-linux-gnu with no regressions.
PS I don't currently have binutils write access but Cavium has a
blanket copyright assignment on file.
If approved, I can commit it, but really the overseers should turn on
commit permissions for you.
* config/tc-mips.c (macro): Add support for M_SAA_AB and M_SAAD_AB.
(mips_ip<case '('>): Allow 's' after '('.
* gas/mips/mips.exp: Add octeon-saa-saad.
* gas/mips/octeon-saa-saad.d: New file.
* gas/mips/octeon-saa-saad.s: New file
* mips.h (M_SAA_AB, M_SAAD_AB): New enum values.
* mips-opc.c (micromips_opcodes): Add "saa" and "saad".