This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA/gold] Patch to workaround ARM1176 BLX(immediate) Thumb to ARM issue
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:33:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA/gold] Patch to workaround ARM1176 BLX(immediate) Thumb to ARM issue
- References: <4E8095A3.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4EBBB576.email@example.com>
On Nov 10, 2011, at 12:28 PM, Matthew Gretton-Dann wrote:
> Ian, Tristan,
> On 03/11/11 03:38, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Matthew Gretton-Dann<firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>>> 2011-09-26 Matthew Gretton-Dann<email@example.com>
>>> * arm.cc (Target_arm::may_use_v5t_interworking): Check whether
>>> we are working around the ARM1176 Erratum.
>>> * options.h (General_options::fix_arm1176): Add option.
>>> * testsuite/Makefile.am: Add testcases, and keep current ones
>>> * testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
>>> * testsuite/arm_fix_1176.s: New file.
>>> * testsuite/arm_fix_1176.sh: Likewise.
> Are you happy for this to be backported to the 2.22 branch?
Fine with me.
> Matthew Gretton-Dann
> Principal Engineer, PD Software - Tools, ARM Ltd