This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] Fix gold's understanding of ARM v4T/v5T interworking
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:32:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Fix gold's understanding of ARM v4T/v5T interworking
- References: <4E80908B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4EBBB519.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Nov 10, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Matthew Gretton-Dann wrote:
> Ian, Tristan,
> On 02/11/11 19:11, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Matthew Gretton-Dann<email@example.com> writes:
>>> 2011-09-20 Matthew Gretton-Dann<firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> * arm.cc (Target_arm::Target_arm): Remove initialisation of
>>> (Target_arm::may_use_blx): Remove method.
>>> (Target_arm::set_may_use_blx): Likewise.
>>> (Target_arm::may_use_v4t_interworking): New method.
>>> (Target_arm::may_use_v5t_interworking): Likewise.
>>> (Target_arm::may_use_blx_): Remove member variable.
>>> (Arm_relocate_functions::arm_branch_common): Check for v5T
>>> (Arm_relocate_functions::thumb_branch_common): Likewise.
>>> (Reloc_stub::stub_type_for_reloc): Likewise.
>>> (Target_arm::do_finalize_sections): Correct interworking checks.
>>> * testsuite/Makefile.am: Add new tests.
>>> * testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
>>> * testsuite/arm_farcall_arm_arm.s: New test.
>>> * testsuite/arm_farcall_arm_arm.sh: Likewise.
>>> * testsuite/arm_farcall_arm_thumb.s: Likewise.
>>> * testsuite/arm_farcall_arm_thumb.sh: Likewise.
>>> * testsuite/arm_farcall_thumb_arm.s: Likewise.
>>> * testsuite/arm_farcall_thumb_arm.sh: Likewise.
>>> * testsuite/arm_farcall_thumb_thumb.s: Likewise.
>>> * testsuite/arm_farcall_thumb_thumb.sh: Likewise.
>> Sorry for the delay.
> Are you happy for this patch to be backported to the 2.22 branch?
Fine with me.
> Matthew Gretton-Dann
> Principal Engineer, PD Software - Tools, ARM Ltd