This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Temp. disabling warnings for macro instructions in a delay slot.
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: "Smets\, Jan \(Jan\)" <jan dot smets at alcatel-lucent dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 12:11:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: Temp. disabling warnings for macro instructions in a delay slot.
- References: <14C7F4F06DB5814AB0DE29716C4F6D671BBCE896@FRMRSSXCHMBSB1.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com>
"Smets, Jan (Jan)" <email@example.com> writes:
> We have following MIPS assembly code:
> beqz $4,9f
> li $6, X
> jr $31
> li gets expanded to 'lui+ori'.
> The assembler prints a warning : Macro instruction expanded into multiple instructions in a branch delay slot.
> But in this case it doesn't matter what happens in the delay slot. Is there a way to locally disable warnings?
> (Like a .set warn / .set nowarn for example?)
I don't think there is any way to disable this warning.
If you want this code to work, I would recommend expanding the li