This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PING] Re: [RFA/gold] Patch to workaround ARM1176 BLX(immediate) Thumb to ARM issue
- From: Doug Kwan (éæå) <dougkwan at google dot com>
- To: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "ian at airs dot com" <ian at airs dot com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 12:04:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PING] Re: [RFA/gold] Patch to workaround ARM1176 BLX(immediate) Thumb to ARM issue
- References: <4E8095A3.email@example.com> <CAH9SEo7XnD1FkRQXNkZPJ790Oy1fSXZADF6n5XOPUQEwax331Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAH9SEo6aeeuvp_5aFzudSy3kKcirui-pW6LR0o0ad-LjS9VdDg@mail.gmail.com> <4EB11EF7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am fine with your patch but Ian has to approve.
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Matthew Gretton-Dann
> On 26/09/11 20:52, Doug Kwan (Ãö®¶¼w) wrote:
>> The main patch also looks okay. You can check both in if Ian is okay
>> with that.
>> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Doug Kwan (Ãö®¶¼w)
>> <email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>> wrote:
>> Hi Matthew,
>> Thanks for fixing that. That patch looks okay. My only concern is
>> that may_use_v*t_interworking are called repeatedly and their values
>> are constant. Can you cache the values just like may_use_blx?
>> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Matthew Gretton-Dann
>> <email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>>
>> > All,
>> > The attached patch adds the options --[no-]fix-arm1176 to Gold in
>> a similar
>> > manner to that done to Ld earlier this year (see
>> > http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-07/msg00235.html).
>> > When --fix-arm1176 is turned on (the default) ARM v5T interworking
>> > instructions are only available for ARM v6T2 and later
>> > Further details on the erratum can be found on ARM's
>> documentation website:
>> > http://infocenter.arm.com/
>> > User Assistance Notes
>> > ARM11 Processors
>> > ARM1176JZ-S and ARM1176JFZ-S Programmer Advice Note
>> > This patch depends on my recently posted fixes to v4T/v5T
>> interworking in
>> > gold (http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-09/msg00186.html).
>> > Please can someone review.
>> > Thanks,
>> > Matt
>> > gold/ChangeLog
>> > 2011-09-26 Matthew Gretton-Dann<email@example.com
>> > * arm.cc (Target_arm::may_use_v5t_interworking): Check
>> > we are working around the ARM1176 Erratum.
>> > * options.h (General_options::fix_arm1176): Add option.
>> > * testsuite/Makefile.am: Add testcases, and keep current ones
>> > working.
>> > * testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
>> > * testsuite/arm_fix_1176.s: New file.
>> > * testsuite/arm_fix_1176.sh: Likewise.
>> > --
>> > Matthew Gretton-Dann
>> > Principal Engineer, PD Software - Tools, ARM Ltd
> Matthew Gretton-Dann
> Principal Engineer, PD Software - Tools, ARM Ltd