Re: Gprof output in 2.21.1 different than in 2.21.53

Hi Tamer,

Is there a place where those changes in gprof's output are documented?

Yes - gprof/bsd_callg_bl.m and gprof/gprof.texi.

I would like to know if I have to rewrite my parser

I think that you are going to have to rewrite/extend your parser.

What seems to have changes is the<cycle> tags.

Are you *sure* that the version of gprof that you are using is the only thing that has changed ?

The kind of output that you are describing can be generated by the 2.21.1 version of gprof. I suspect that what has actually changed is the compiler that you are using and that you are now seeing the results of function inlining that was not happening before.