This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Timestamps in distribution tarballs are broken
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: psmith at gnu dot org
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:45:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: Timestamps in distribution tarballs are broken
- References: <1319327096.6017.225.camel@homebase>
Paul Smith <email@example.com> writes:
> I think there's something wrong with the way binutils distribution
> tarballs are created. When I download and unpack them (tried 2.21.1 /
> 2.21.1a for example), the configure.ac files are newer than the
> configure scripts. This means when you try to run "make", it wants to
> rebuild the configure script and this fails unless you have exactly the
> right version of autoconf, etc. already installed on your system.
By default the binutils Makefiles do not have dependencies to rebuild
configure from configure.ac, to avoid this sort of problem. Did you
configure with --enable-maintainer-mode?