This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold patch] PR gold/13245: don't treat refs from .so as refs from outside IR
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:45:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold patch] PR gold/13245: don't treat refs from .so as refs from outside IR
- References: <CAHACq4pwN8EpN6=kmL4+qjreR3VOhViBCXDtWJ9CQYZkf=G3Xg@mail.gmail.com>
Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> 2011-10-17 Cary Coutant <email@example.com>
> PR gold/13245
> * gold/plugin.cc (is_visible_from_outside): Check for symbols
> referenced from dynamic objects.
> * gold/resolve.cc (Symbol_table::resolve): Don't count references
> from dynamic objects as references from real ELF files.
> * testsuite/plugin_test_2.sh: Adjust expected result.
Please clarify the meaning of the in_real_elf_ field in the definition
in symtab.h. Currently the comment says "True if we've seen this symbol
in a real ELF object." This patch seems to change that definition
This is OK if you fix the comment.