This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Dealing with multiple gas versions
On 11-10-12 10:14 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:40:17AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
I quite like this suggestion.
Here's a solution.
* as.c (main): Define .gasversion. rather than __GAS_VERSION__.
* frags.h (bss_address_frag): Delete
* frags.c (frag_init): Init predefined_address_frag. Delete ref
* symbols.c (S_CAN_BE_REDEFINED): New function.
* symbols.h (S_CAN_BE_REDEFINED): Declare.
* read.c (assign_symbol): Use S_CAN_BE_REDEFINED.
Thanks Alan. Is it possible for this patch to go on the 2.22 branch?