This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Gprof output in 2.21.1 different than in 2.21.53
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Tamer <nuclearpsyche at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 14:07:38 +1030
- Subject: Re: Gprof output in 2.21.1 different than in 2.21.53
- References: <E1452D45-A2F5-4F22-8712-3EBAB5AADCFD@gmail.com>
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:18:07AM -0700, Tamer wrote:
> I wrote a parser a while ago that reads gprof output and does some interpretation of the output.
> Today I re-installed MinGW and chose to use the latest repository packages (instead of using pre-packaged repository catalogues). Now the output of gprof is different and my parser no longer works.
> So things were working fine on gprof 2.21.1 but then stopped working on 18.104.22.16810804
> Is this expected? Is there a place where those changes in gprof's output are documented? I would like to know if I have to rewrite my parser or if I just happen to use a dev build which has changes that are not going GA.
You may get an answer if you tell us what changed.
Australia Development Lab, IBM