This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: Collecting together binary file attributes into a single file.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Richard Earnshaw (home)" <richard dot earnshaw at buzzard dot freeserve dot co dot uk>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "aph at redhat dot com" <aph at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:09:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC: Collecting together binary file attributes into a single file.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <7466E409-8C17-408C-82C6-E0A1C6AD3D20@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
I don't think it's a good idea to have the attributes of
every CPU we support in a single file. That's going to
get unmaintainable very quickly.
Really - why ?
These attributes are mostly static. Some new ones might be added from
time to time, but baring the introduction of new ports I do not see any
other changes that re likely to happen.