This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Question on use of relro, now, and nodlopen
- From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:47:45 -0400
- Subject: Question on use of relro, now, and nodlopen
- Reply-to: noloader at gmail dot com
How does the team recommend determining the availability of relro,
now, and nodlopen?
Formerly, I was using the following in my makefile (which I suspect is
wrong even though there's a tight coupling between GCC and Binutils).
OpenSolaris proved that its possible to ship a 2004 compiler with a
GCC_COMPILER = $(shell $(CXX) -v 2>&1 | $(EGREP) -i -c "^gcc version")
LDFLAGS += -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,nodlopen
Is there a matrix of tool/feature/version that would help determine
when the flags made it into ld?