This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch bfd]: Avoid to remove leading underscore for anon-object for pe-coff targets with empty USER_LABEL_PREFIX
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at sourceware dot org>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 09:15:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch bfd]: Avoid to remove leading underscore for anon-object for pe-coff targets with empty USER_LABEL_PREFIX
- References: <CAEwic4ZNn7smuNMAKgc=h5Ah+p7ew=7Fwgqmjf=8_hYwokn6sA@mail.gmail.com>
On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 02:41:58PM +0200, Kai Tietz wrote:
>this patch avoids the removal of leading underscores for pe-coff
>targets with empty USER_LABEL_PREFIX (like x86_64-pe-coff, and arm).
>Regression-tested for i686-w64-mingw32 and x86_64-w64-mingw32. Ok for apply?
Shouldn't that testing include a non-w64 Windows target too?
>2011-09-09 Kai Tietz <email@example.com>
> * peicode.h (pe_ILF_build_a_bfd): Don't remove leading underscore
> for targets without symbol_leading_char.
It looks ok to me, but I would like confirmation that it works with
mingw32 and Cygwin.