This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils-2.21a missing from FTP site
- From: Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch dot org>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 6:38:37 -0600
- Subject: Re: binutils-2.21a missing from FTP site
- References: <08D07DE9-DFBF-4FAC-A20A-0CF8A2945A60@adacore.com>
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 14:07:52 +0200, Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2011, at 9:00 PM, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>> Following the recent re-packaging of the binutils tarballs, I notice
> that 2.21 doesn't appear to have been rebuilt/re-uploaded. I normally
> wouldn't even bother mentioning it, except that LFS-6.8 included
> binutils-2.21 and because of that includes links to that tar ball.
> I don't really catch your point. The repackaged 2.21.1 tar ball is named
> 2.21.1a, and indeed there is no repackaging for 2.21, which is deprecated
> by 2.21.1(a)
> Is it possible for you to modify the link ?
Unfortunately, LFS-6.8 was released with instructions on how to build
binutils-2.21. We can't/don't retrospectively change a released version of
the book. The development version of the book already has links to 2.21.1a
there, so we're OK on that front.
If regenerating binutils-2.21 is too much trouble, or seen as pointless,
that's fine, we can just advise any of our users that ask about it to just use