This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Can we backport bug 12296 fix to 2.21?
- From: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com>
- To: Terry Guo <terry dot guo at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gingold at adacore dot com" <gingold at adacore dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:02:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: Can we backport bug 12296 fix to 2.21?
- References: <000501cc623f$2d8ae200$88a0a600$@firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 24/08/11 10:21, Terry Guo wrote:
Thanks for your quick response. The attachment is the final fix in master
branch for PR12296. It is extracted from checkin at
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils-cvs/2011-04/msg00112.html. Tested for
arm-none-eabi and no regression compared to Binutils 2.21.
Because I don't have write permission, could you or anybody else help me to
backport this fix to Binutils 2.21? Thanks very much.
From: Tristan Gingold [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:04 AM
To: Terry Guo
Subject: Re: Can we backport bug 12296 fix to 2.21?
On Aug 22, 2011, at 10:56 PM, Terry Guo wrote:
Any hints on this issue? Thanks.
Sorry, I was traveling.
Yes, it is OK to backport the fix, but note that there is currently no
plan to make a 2.21.2 release (but you can still use the CVS release
diff --git a/gas/config/tc-arm.c b/gas/config/tc-arm.c
index 4addafc..1c22ad1 100644
@@ -11609,7 +11609,9 @@ do_t_swi (void)
to ARM_EXT_V6M. */
if (ARM_CPU_HAS_FEATURE (cpu_variant, arm_ext_v6m))
- if (!ARM_CPU_HAS_FEATURE (cpu_variant, arm_ext_os))
+ if (!ARM_CPU_HAS_FEATURE (cpu_variant, arm_ext_os)
+ /* This only applies to the v6m howver, not later architectures. */
+&& ! ARM_CPU_HAS_FEATURE (cpu_variant, arm_ext_v7))
as_bad (_("SVC is not permitted on this architecture"));
ARM_MERGE_FEATURE_SETS (thumb_arch_used, thumb_arch_used, arm_ext_os);
This has now been committed upstream with the following ChangeLog:
2011-08-24 Matthew Gretton-Dann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Backport from mainline.
2011-04-18 Julian Brown <email@example.com>
Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/tc-arm.c (do_t_swi): Exclude v7 and higher variants
from arm_ext_os test.
Principal Engineer, PD Software - Tools, ARM Ltd