This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Can we backport bug 12296 fix to 2.21?
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Terry Guo <terry dot guo at arm dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:03:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: Can we backport bug 12296 fix to 2.21?
- References: <000001cc6140$487cee50$d976caf0$@email@example.com>
On Aug 22, 2011, at 10:56 PM, Terry Guo wrote:
> Hello Tristan,
> Any hints on this issue? Thanks.
Sorry, I was traveling.
Yes, it is OK to backport the fix, but note that there is currently no plan to make a 2.21.2 release (but you can still use the CVS release branch).
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Terry Guo [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
>> Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 5:03 PM
>> To: 'email@example.com'
>> Cc: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
>> Subject: Can we backport bug 12296 fix to 2.21?
>> We recently setup a GCC branch embedded-4_6-branch to provide fixes and
>> enhancements for GCC 4.6.x when used for ARM embedded processors. For
>> this branch we would like to use the latest Binutils 2.21.
>> Unfortunately when trying to use 2.21 to build the latest Newlib 1.19
>> for armv7-m and armv7e-m, we are stopped by Bug 12296 at
>> http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12296. Since it's been a
>> while till 2.22 release. Is it OK to backport this fix to current 2.21
>> Thanks and regards,