This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Can we backport bug 12296 fix to 2.21?
- From: "Terry Guo" <terry dot guo at arm dot com>
- To: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:03:09 +0800
- Subject: Can we backport bug 12296 fix to 2.21?
We recently setup a GCC branch embedded-4_6-branch to provide fixes and
enhancements for GCC 4.6.x when used for ARM embedded processors. For this
branch we would like to use the latest Binutils 2.21. Unfortunately when
trying to use 2.21 to build the latest Newlib 1.19 for armv7-m and armv7e-m,
we are stopped by Bug 12296 at
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12296. Since it's been a
while till 2.22 release. Is it OK to backport this fix to current 2.21
Thanks and regards,