This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA/ARM]: Patch to workaround ARM1176 BLX (immediate) Thumb to ARM issue
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:03:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA/ARM]: Patch to workaround ARM1176 BLX (immediate) Thumb to ARM issue
- References: <4E3037DD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
* When the option is on the linker will only use BLX if the target
architecture (derived from the object files) is v6T2, v7, or
This does not seem right to me. The erratum only applies to the
ARM1176JZ-S and ARM1176JZF-S processors and only to Thumb BLX
instructions. Disabling the use of BLX in ARM mode or for pre-ARM11
cores will generate needlessly larger code.
Also when you check the Tag_CPU_arch value, please use the enum names,
not the integer values.