This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: viewing sections
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: "Bill Cunningham" <billcun at suddenlink dot net>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 10:30:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: viewing sections
- References: <000a01cc440d$069392a0$a7d8daad@YOUR6841755CDA>
"Bill Cunningham" <email@example.com> writes:
> Are there any functions in particular I could use to get started to
> view what's in an ELF's .note ection and if nothing put something into
> it. That might familiarize myself a little with the BFD. These C callback
> functions are a touch confusing to me but that's a C issuse.
You can get the section contents with BFD and then display it any way
you like (see objdump -s).
Andreas Schwab, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."