This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: simple program
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Bill Cunningham <billcun at suddenlink dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:21:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: simple program
- References: <000301cc41d1$3dbda1f0$a7d8daad@YOUR1F7593437D>
I am just looking at the library and since everyone seems to start out
with their first program being "hello world" is there a way to do that
Hello world is really more appropriate as a first test for programming
languages. BFD is a library intended for the manipulation of binary
files, not general purpose programming.
A more reasonable first test might be to write a program that tells you
the type any files provided on its command line. (Like the "file" program).
I hope this is the appropriate list for this. There doesn't seem to be
any other lists except for CVS questions and bug reports.
This is the correct list.