This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Using linker script instead of library in Gold
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Aleksandar Simeonov <Aleksandar dot Simeonov at RT-RK dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, rich at mips dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:46:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: Using linker script instead of library in Gold
- References: <4E1DAC56.5070105@RT-RK.com>
Aleksandar Simeonov <Aleksandar.Simeonov@RT-RK.com> writes:
> I have one short question today. Situation is as follow: instead of
> having lib.so as shared library, on our Linux distribution we have ld
> linker script:
> /* GNU ld script
> Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
> the static library, so try that secondarily. */
> GROUP ( /lib/libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a AS_NEEDED (
> /lib/ld.so.1 ) )
> Is Gold capable of using it (for ld is enough to put -lc in command
> line) and if yes, what command option should be used?
This is normal on any glibc-based system. gold supports this without
requiring any special options.