This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gold patch committed: Adjust protected symbol function address
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:03:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: gold patch committed: Adjust protected symbol function address
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The glibc testsuite has a test case which checks that when the main
> executable refers to a protected function defined in a shared library,
> the function address seen in the main executable is the same as the
> function address seen in the shared library. ?I'm not sure this is a
> worthwhile test, because it fails when using gcc's visibility attribute.