This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Bug ld/12565] NOLOAD sections empty
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "hjl.tools at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:37:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Bug ld/12565] NOLOAD sections empty
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/> <bug-12565-70-H4yGNZZKA2@http.sourceware.org/bugzilla/>
Hi H.J., Hi Alan,
I have been looking at PR 12565, and I have to say that I do not
understand the linker's behaviour for NOLOAD sections on ELF based
targets. What is the point of having a section that cannot be loaded
and that does not have any contents ?
Also, as far as I can see, this behaviour is not documented anywhere.
Do you know of any applications that rely upon this feature ?