This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: C6X: Keep OS/ABI when running strip
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:53:54 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: C6X: Keep OS/ABI when running strip
- References: <4E0896B9.email@example.com>
On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> This is a fixlet for a problem introduced with the patch that made us
> set OS/ABI to C6X-specific values. strip and objcopy changed the value
> back to the default. Ok?
What happens if you strip a .o file (--strip-debug, say, is a useful case
of stripping .o files) with this patch?
That shouldn't add an OSABI. It would be good to have testcases that
verify that strip preserves the OSABI for executables and shared libraries
and leaves it unset of .o files - maybe make the existing OSABI tests
strip the objects after first testing their OSABI and report the results
of testing OSABI after strip as well (with a different test name after
PASS or FAIL, of course).
Joseph S. Myers