This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas not accepting clang exceptions on powerpc
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Peter Lawrence <peterl95124 at sbcglobal dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 00:16:20 +0930
- Subject: Re: gas not accepting clang exceptions on powerpc
- References: <928FFCCF-E5FB-481D-BB6F-ED0A13E3A6B8@sbcglobal.net>
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 08:02:27PM -0700, Peter Lawrence wrote:
> comparing gcc verses clang-llvm assembler output for PowerPC
> (apple-powerbook, OSX 10.4, using installed gcc/gas,
> gcc -version --> 4.0.1, as -version --> 1.38)
> gas does not complain about differencing two symbols from different
> in a ".long" directive, but does complain when first defining that
> difference as
> a symbol name.
> Is this really the way gas is supposed to work, or is this version
> of gas too old, or what ---?
This is not the way gas works currently. I don't know the history of
your Apple software but suspect what you have is not the original
1.38. Please ask this of Apple. FSF gas 1.38 is 20 years old.
Australia Development Lab, IBM