This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ARM ELF p_paddr is not put to zero
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko dot draskovic at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:27:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: ARM ELF p_paddr is not put to zero
- References: <BANLkTikb6dcp1ka+J2bVqd4ScRZzz2_Crw@mail.gmail.com>
Drasko DRASKOVIC <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> ARM ELF specification demands that p_paddr is set to 0.
There are several ARM ELF specifications, so you need to be more
precise. I don't see this requirement in the EABI 2.08 docs.
> I saw however some ARM ELF binaries not having p_paddr set to zero,
> but having the same p_paddr as p_vaddr. Why is that ?
That is the default behaviour for the GNU tools, so that it is possible
to represent a load address separate from the virtual address. So most
likely this unusual ARM ELF requirement has simply not been implemented.