This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Dollar local labels
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Hannes Beinert <argovela at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU binutils ML <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:27:40 +0930
- Subject: Re: Dollar local labels
- References: <BANLkTikLXFQgw6v_fkeEQTrDwKLsOOxBfg@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 02:37:46AM -0500, Hannes Beinert wrote:
> When I attempt to use dollar local labels in gas, it consistently
> issues errors. Based on what I think is the manual for this version,
> I believe that dollar locals ought to be supported. As an example,
Dollar locals are not enabled for all targets. x86 is one such
target. $ is an immediate prefix for x86 assembly.
Australia Development Lab, IBM