This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: XLR Linux/MIPS kernel build error
- From: Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jayachandran C <jayachandranc at netlogicmicro dot com>, linux-mips at linux-mips dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:38:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: XLR Linux/MIPS kernel build error
- References: <20110621144340.GA11931@linux-mips.org> <4E00B33E.email@example.com>
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 04:05:34PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
> > AS arch/mips/kernel/genex.o
> >/home/ralf/src/linux/upstream-linus/arch/mips/kernel/genex.S: Assembler messages:
> >/home/ralf/src/linux/upstream-linus/arch/mips/kernel/genex.S:524: Internal error!
> >Assertion failure in append_insn at ../../gas/config/tc-mips.c line 2867.
> >Not sure what's blowin up there and I haven't had a chance to try other
> >binutils versions yet. Is this something known?
> Nope - it is a new one...
> Please could you open a binutils bugzilla PR for this and include
> the genex.S file (preprocessed if necessary) and the assembler
> command line that causes gas to blow up ?
I've extracted a 5 line minimal test case and cooking receipe and filed
everything as http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12915