This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld "undefined reference" shows wrong line number
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jon Grant <jg at jguk dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:13:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld "undefined reference" shows wrong line number
- References: <BANLkTikU-vUGwwgHCt+rpUFAzR=aXo4sng@mail.gmail.com>
would someone be able to confirm if
this issue is reproducable if possible please.
Not with the information you provided. In particular we need the
command line to assemble the start.S file and the command line used to
link it afterwards.
The line number 19 is the last symbol in the start.S. void main(void)
function does exist in the build as well. Possibly is this the debug
info that is incorrect in the start.o file?
Let me know if you would like me to create a bugzilla ticket.
Yes please. Please include the start.S file as well as the command
lines mentioned above.