This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: XLR Linux/MIPS kernel build error
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>
- Cc: Jayachandran C <jayachandranc at netlogicmicro dot com>, linux-mips at linux-mips dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:05:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: XLR Linux/MIPS kernel build error
- References: <20110621144340.GA11931@linux-mips.org>
/home/ralf/src/linux/upstream-linus/arch/mips/kernel/genex.S: Assembler messages:
/home/ralf/src/linux/upstream-linus/arch/mips/kernel/genex.S:524: Internal error!
Assertion failure in append_insn at ../../gas/config/tc-mips.c line 2867.
Not sure what's blowin up there and I haven't had a chance to try other
binutils versions yet. Is this something known?
Nope - it is a new one...
Please could you open a binutils bugzilla PR for this and include the
genex.S file (preprocessed if necessary) and the assembler command line
that causes gas to blow up ?