This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Profile feedback build for binutils
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:22:31 +0930
- Subject: Re: Profile feedback build for binutils
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 04:52:55PM -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
> I noticed the binutils Makefiles have some support for a profile
> feedback build. But it's not documented anywhere and all the related
> targets I tried spew errors on Linux. Is that supposed to work?
The top level makefiles are shared with gcc and other projects.
Support for anything in the top level doesn't mean there is support
for that thing in a given project. I've never tried a profile
Australia Development Lab, IBM