This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[gold patch trivial] Fix incremental_test_4 to not run out of patch space
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:55:05 -0700
- Subject: [gold patch trivial] Fix incremental_test_4 to not run out of patch space
I've committed the following patch as trivial to fix PR gold/12804,
where one of the incremental test cases was failing because the
incremental update ran out of patch space. The problem was that the
"_v1" version of the source file had variable "v2" in .bss, and the
updated version of the source file had the variable in .data. This
patch gives "v2" an initial value of 1 instead of 0, so it's in .data
in both versions.
2011-06-08 Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* testsuite/two_file_test_2_v1.cc: Change initialization of
v2 to keep it in .data.
diff --git a/gold/testsuite/two_file_test_2_v1.cc
index b97a677..ea26c66 100644
@@ -46,7 +46,7 @@ t1a()
// 2 Code in file 1 refers to global data in file 2.
-int v2 = 0;
+int v2 = 1;
// 3 Code in file 1 referes to common symbol in file 2. This is
// initialized at runtime to 789.