This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/12851: --gc-sections doesn't work on note sections
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 09:22:26 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/12851: --gc-sections doesn't work on note sections
- References: <20110608201014.GA10218@intel.com>
On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 01:10:14PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> SHT_NOTE sections are special. We check it in elf_gc_sweep. But
> we missed it in bfd_elf_gc_sections.
I think your patch is going in the wrong directions. If we missed
anything in bfd_elf_gc_sections, it's that we keep note sections in
files for which all other sections are discarded.
Australia Development Lab, IBM