Re: 68hc11/12/s12x/xgate patch

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 08:34 +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi James,
> >> Attached is a patch for the 68hc11 target of binutils.

> Thank you for the patch submission,

Thanks for your comments.

> First of all, I must point out that we do not appear to have a FSF
> Copyright Assignment on file from you.  This is essential in order for
> us to be able to accept the patch.  I have attached a form you can fill
> out and email to the FSF should you wish to pursue this.

I have sent one off, but I will re-send and check I completed my details
correctly.

> As for the patch itself, it is fine apart from one problem - it
> introduces some new gas testsuite failures to the m68hc11-elf target.
> Specifically:
>
>    GAS REGRESSION: movb 200,x,3,y : Offset out

I'll need to check the testsuite is operating correctly as these are
areas I intentionally extended. The S12X CPU supports many more modes of
movb/movw than the more basic 68hc11 and intermediate s12

I'll need to confirm that the testsuite is checking the correct target
i.e. it might now need a 68hc11 flag.

James