Re: PATCH: PR binutils/12283: bfd/doc doesn't support parallel build

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 18:51 +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > bfd/doc/ChangeLog:
> > 2011-02-04  Ralf Wildenhues  <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
> >
> > 	PR binutils/12283
> > 	* Makefile.am (stamp-chew): New target.
> > 	Use throughout as dependency for targets that need chew,
> > 	instead of depdending on chew.c or on chew directly.
> > 	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
>
> I think that means that stamp-chew will need to be distributed, since
> the distributed *.texi files depend on it.
>
> Andreas.

I am still interested in this patch as a fix for hppa where the parallel
builds of chew do not result in identical binaries.

Would distributing stamp-chew be a problem?  I am not familiar with the
distribution setup or builds.  Is it just a question of adding
stamp-chew to MAINTAINERCLEANFILES?

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com