Re: mips asm questions

On 08/04/2010 11:30 AM, Bob Plantz wrote:
On 08/04/2010 11:09 AM, David Daney wrote:

On 08/04/2010 09:41 AM, loody wrote:

2. when I trace kernel code I find there are a lot assembly directory
which are not defined in as document, even in the section of mips
depend.

This one I cannot parse.

My take: "when I trace kernel code I find there are a lot of assembly
directives that are not defined in the documentation for the assembler,
as, even in the MIPS Machine Dependent Features of info."

Well that is true. Unfortunatly there is almost an 'oral tradition' here where things aren't recorded, but are just passed down through the generations.

The Binutils assembler supports most of the directives of the MIPSPro assembler.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mipspro+assembler+manual

I'm not a MIPS programmer, so I can't help here.

--Bob