Section at absolute address

 Hello,
using ld, how can I locate a section at an absolute address?
I want to do another linking step (using relocatable binary) and want a
given section to stay at that very address it had after the first link
took place.
Whenever I define a symbol in a linker script like "foo=1;" nm tells me
that this symbol is absolute and thus is not changed in further linking
steps. Basically that is what I want for a section (or all symbols in
that section).

I have read about an absolute section here:
http://web.mit.edu/gnu/doc/html/as_4.html#SEC39
However I cannot get that working. I have tried putting my stuff into an
.absolute section, but that does not seem to get any special handling
and is just relocated as normal.

Is that even possible?

Thanks for your help.