Re: Common sections

Fair enough. I'll try to explain more.

Basically, I have a segment called bss_big which is the big memory
segment. If I compile two .c files such as :

fct1.c:

long target;
long targeta;

fct2.c:

long target2;
long target2a;

then I get the same address for target and target2. And the same
address for targeta and target2a.

Were I to put this section as SEC_IS_COMMON, it works well and
actually puts the addresses right but then it fails on the archives
problem where if I do :

gcc fct1.c fct2.c -lc -lc, I'll get multiple definitions...

If they are in the regular .bss, they have no problems.

I'll look now for the flag values of .bss and see if I'm missing flags
for these new sections.

If you've got any ideas, it would be much appreciated,
Jc

From what you're saying, clearly SEC_IS_COMMON is not what I'd really
want but I