Re: arm-elf float-abi defaults...

DJ Delorie wrote:

>> I am strongly of the opinion that the right way to do this is to have
>> the compiler generate appropriate directives in the assembly files it
>> generates -- and to have users do the same.  Relying on the defaults is
>> just too dangerous.
>
> So... where should this go?

The compiler should generate a pseudo-op that is processed by the
assembler.  If the right pseudo-op doesn't already exist, it needs to be
added to both the assembler and compiler.

I thought this stuff already existed in arm-eabi toolchains.  If it
doesn't exist in arm-elf, then you should be able to use it there too.
But, of course, arm-elf is really a dead ABI at this point...

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery