Re: bfd_get_relocated_section_contents on hppa and ia64

Hi Camm,

Where is all this stuff documneted, BTW?

In the source code. :-) Sorry, but documentation for the internals of programs like readelf is basically non-existent.

Hopefully for all cpu's in one place?

Yes. In fact there is just one function that needs to be extended to handle non-trivial relocs for any given architecture: target_specific_reloc_handling().

This is fairly modular, but for
the fact that bfd stores these pointers in constant memory.  I have to
fork the tree in the GCL source and remove the const declaration for
this to work.  This is obviously not optimal.  Could we make the howto
pointers writable?

Universally no. But this could be made a configure time option so that by default they remain read-only (since for most environments they are) but if a particular host environment needs it, they can be made writeable. You could submit a patch to do this if you wish...