Re: Help needed to track down bug: linking Linux kernel with gold creates unbootable kernel

On 04/12/2010 08:47 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
TÃrÃk Edwin<edwintorok@gmail.com> writes:

Should I open a bug and attach all these .o files too?

Sure, open a bug report at http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/ .

Done, bug 11490, will attach some more info to it now.

If you
are using a publically accessible version of the Linux kernel, you
don't need to attach the script or .o files.  Just put a link to the
kernel sources in the bug report, and any information about how you
configured and built it.

Ok.

I don't know if the readelf differences you showed were for the binutils 2.20 gold or the current gold. There is no point to reporting details about the 2.20 gold.

I don't know either, I'll redo the diff with exactly the config I described in the bugreport.

Best regards,
--Edwin