Re: [Patch] add support for alpha/vms archives

Tristan Gingold wrote:

Also, although not often used, an object file can contain more than one object module.
Interesting. How can such an object file be built ?
I know that DEC Fortran did this, I know you can just concatenate object files with the append command.

Ah ok. I think we won't support this now...

A multiple module object file inserted into an archive doesn't remain so does it?