ELF filter with GNU ld

Hello,

I have tried to make ELF filter .so (using ld -F filtee.so). So far so
good, filtering works fine, both for variables and functions.

Then I tried to strip definitions of forwarded variable and function
From filter.so (the goal is to make filter.so which contains just
symbols, and no .text, .bss or relocations).

Adding needed symbols using linker script (var=0) results in symbols
with 0 size and UND type, so linker barfs when linking against filter.so
and resulting client code segfaults.

Compiling in functions and removing .text using 'strip -R .text' works
fine, but stripping .bss makes runtime loader complain.

Is there way to generate proper symbol for forwarded variable?

--
  http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/