assembler relaxation

Hi,

I am struck in assembler relaxation case...

I have ported Binutils to a new port. My problem is that in a 16-bit instruction if the constant range is exceeded then I need to emit 2 instructions. I have referred other architectures and did it and my assembler is generating instructions them. While running some bench mark codes it is observed instead of generating two instructions it is generating 1-st instruction correctly and for other instruction it is appending Zero's as a result it got struck up.

Thanks,
Nagaraju M