Re: [patch]: Discard some sections for pe and pep

Kai Tietz wrote:
> So here is the updated version making section .gnu_debuglink a no load section.
> Lto for x86_64-pc-mingw32, i686-pc-mingw32, and i686-pc-cygwin32
> tested so far, that binutils parts about pe-coff are working.

  OK, once you've verified that a split-debug exe still works fine in gdb
automatically (i.e. without needing a 'file' command or otherwise separately
section, and of course with an updated ChangeLog.

> (for building libelf on cygwin, the elf.h has to be moved temporary
> into elf_old.h, before building libelf, afterwards it can be renamed
> to old name)

  Right, so from JonY's description I'm guessing the ELF formatted data is all
just quietly encapsulated in one of these PE sections.  I currently owe the
Cygwin distro a respin of the current stable compiler build for 1.5 and 1.7,
but after that's shipping I'd like to try an experimental release of 4.5.0,
with lto and graphite and everything enabled.  Thanks for the advice, both of you.

    cheers,
      DaveK