This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add support for .cfi_sections - way to emit also .debug_frame from .cfi_* directives
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:21:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for .cfi_sections - way to emit also .debug_frame from .cfi_* directives
- References: <20091001153821.GG3611@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 05:38:21PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> This patch attempts to address http://gcc.gnu.org/PR40521.
Thanks for working on this!
> +/* By default emit .eh_frame only, not .eh_frame. */
> +static int cfi_sections = 1;
Don't suppose I could persuade you to give these names instead of
numbers? ".cfi_sections .eh_frame" and a hypothetical
[The CFI directives are either sufficient, or very nearly so, for the
ARM unwind tables - as long as you don't try to do certain fancy
things with them. At least one other toolchain uses the same
directives for the tables and for .debug_frame.]