Re: pr10515 version script wildcards

> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:51:18 +0930
> From: Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au>

> This restores the old ld behaviour of treating "*" in a version script
> as a lower priority match than other wildcard patterns.  I think that
> using scripts with multiple wildcard patterns is a dubious practice,
> but the ld docs do say that "*" ought to be treated like this.
>
> 	PR ld/10515
> 	* linker.c (bfd_find_version_for_sym): Override a "*" match by any
> 	other wildcard match.  Warn on multiple wildcard matches.

This caused a regression in my autotester for cris-elf and cris-linux:

Executing on host: sh -c {./ld-new  -L/tmp/hpautotest-binutils/bsrc/src/ld/testsuite/ld-cris  --shared -m crislinux --version-script /tmp/hpautotest-binutils/bsrc/src/ld/testsuite/ld-cris/hide1 -o tmpdir/dump tmpdir/dump0.o tmpdir/dump1.o  2>&1}  /dev/null ld.tmp (timeout = 300)
./ld-new: warning: multiple wildcard version script matches for export_1
succeeded with: <./ld-new: warning: multiple wildcard version script matches for export_1
>, expected: <>
./ld-new: warning: multiple wildcard version script matches for export_1
succeeded with: <./ld-new: warning: multiple wildcard version script matches for export_1
>, expected: <>
FAIL: ld-cris/libdso-2

Right, the version script is "TST1 { global: export_*; local: *; };"
so it seems this was intentional.  Nevertheless, always warning
does not seem preferable; rather, a final catch-all "local: *;"
somewhat like this seems the way to default symbols unless I
miss something.  Can we at least have an option to silence that
particular warning?

brgds, H-P