Re: [patch gas]: Add pseudos for generation of runtime function entries by gas

2009/8/11 Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com>:

> On Aug 11, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Kai Tietz wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> just a side question:
>>
>> The third is the IA64 and x64 version. Note, the IA64 isn't
>> implemented yet, but to find information about it, please see
>> specification about IA64 on
>> http://download.intel.com/design/Itanium/Downloads/245358.pdf file.
>
> Isn't this already implemented as this is also used by linux, hp-ux and vms
> ?
Well, first I am referencing here to pe(+)-coff targets and this patch
introduces special pseudo commands to gas to generate those
information by them. So it could be that those information are
generated in gcc directly (as for arm it is done at the moment), but
binutils seems to know for the pe-coff target IA64 nothing about it
AFAIK.

Cheers,
Kai