Re: question on arm objdump

Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:
So I think it is using a pc-relative instruction to
fetch the address of rtems_maximum_priority and then

Am I right in my interpretation?

Yes, you are looking at a constant / literal pool.

Thanks.

Just to let you know what I am doing, we are doing
binary test coverage analysis on RTEMS using the
execution coverage maps from Skyeye.  These addresses
are in the .text but cannot be executed so show up
as unexecuted.  I have modified the program we use
to mark up the objdump to note that ".word" "instructions"
can be counted as executed for our purposes.

On the SPARC, we did the same thing with nop's put
between methods for alignment.  We are above 99% coverage
on the SPARC and now we are looking at using
Skyeye to get the numbers on another architecture.
cheers
Ramana

  Support Available             (256) 722-9985